Monday, May 13, 2013

A wee bit closer to understanding....

Hi Bloggie, I think I'm at a time in my life where I take each day for what it is...good, bad, up, down and try to make it the best day ever. Not just for myself but for those around me. My body isn't going to get any younger but my mind doesn't have to age at the same rate. Life is so full of beautiful thoughts, sites, smells, feelings and I don't want to miss anything. I take in so much more than when I was younger because I have the time now. If there was one thing I'd like to tell my children and grandkids, it would be to stop... look around...see the world in it's glory. As they say, "Smell the roses, watch the rings grow on a tree." My life has been very full. We still take wonderful outings as a family. For instance, going to Claire & Carls for a Michigan on Mother's Day with kids, grandkids, friends and my loving husband. We actually ended up on C & C's Facebook page. Traditions !!!! Tonight, I'll be going to a church book study that I may find interesting...at least the book up for discussion was great. No...it was AWESOME !! Reading this book, "Proof of Heaven" by Eben Alexander, MD, I realized that this book was answering the long ago questions I had from age 4 yrs. Not understanding what had happened during a baptism (full immersion), I came away from that experience not knowing what I saw while under water the third time. What seemed like an eternity was only seconds but the glowing light with a somewhat appearance of a being let me know that I was okay and to relax. No words were spoken but I understood every word relayed to me and could feel my entire body give way to peace and a sense of calm overwhelmed my being. I've never felt that before or after that moment. But....from that day forward, I've never had a fear of dying. I have so much faith and trust in God (OM), I believe I will see him/her/it again. Not ready to die yet, would like a few more years but when the time comes, I can now smile and know that I'll be greeted on the other side with open arms, thoughts and the most calming music and sensation that I felt at age 4. Call me crazy but it's a great feeling beyond any understanding to know this peace. Till next time................hugs and love to all.

No comments: